Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Magic Box Poem

I will put into the box …
A rare seashell from Hawaii on a windy Autumn day
A journal that is over 50 thousand years old
The sweet taste of chocolate as it melts in my mouth


I will put into the box …
The delightful scent of daisy petals falling off the plant
A teddy bear made of human flesh
A flag of Afghanistan that I stand proud of

I will put into the box …
the lingering scent of my favourite perfume
A fairy on a broomstick
The stars in the sky that are made out of puffy marshmallows

My box is fashioned from Love and gold and diamonds, with secret ancient codes on the lid and corners. Its hinges are made space and luxury. I shall keep my box till my last days, and store all my memories from good to bad in it as time goes by.

This week in LS2 as part of writing we have been focusing on descriptive writing. We were introduced to a poem called 'Magic Box' our teacher. The author of the poem is Kit Wright. After reading the poem we had to write our own version of the 'Magic Box'. We had to use descriptive words to paint a clear photo in someones mind when they are reading our poems.

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous poem Mahdia! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'the lingering scent of my favourite perfume.' I'm glad that a smell can remind you of someone or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mahdia
    I love your Poem I can see the picture's in my Mind and I love the words you used like Lingering,and Scent Keep up the Great Learning Mahdia

    ReplyDelete