Pages

Friday 15 April 2016

Holiday Reading- Make A Recommendation

Image result for making bombs for hitler

I have read a book and I recommend this book for the year 7 & 8's.  The name of the book is making bombs for Hitler.  I think they will like this book because it is based on WW2.  The author of the book is Marsha Skrypach.  The book is about a young girl who is really close with her little sister.  The two sister and some other kids were raised at a camp.  One day they were sending the children away to another country.  Before they did the kids had to take an x-ray of their body.  The girls sister was scared so they sent her with 3 other kids standing in a corner.  The sister get on separate trains and were sent to different places.  The train that the little girl was on got stopped by Nazi German Forces.  The kids were forced to slave at a factory for the Nazi  



7 comments:

  1. Hello Mahdia, I wonder if I would like that book? It felt sorry for kids back then because it was hard to survive with all that war on. I agree that year sevens and eights should read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it could be a very sad book. I agree WW2 is a popular topic for the year 7 and 8's. Keep up the holiday reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mahdia, I think I would like that book. I like how you recommended the book and retold the book. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mahdia,

    You have chosen a really fascinating book and a very interesting time in our history. I had the opportunity to go to visit a Nazi concentration camp when I was in Poland a few years ago and it was one of the most incredible (and haunting) experiences of my life. I went to Auschwitz and walked through the entire camp. It was very cold when I was there and I was amazed that anyone could have survived in those harsh temperatures.

    Good on you to choose such a challenging book. It would be a great read for the Year 7s and 8s, I bet.

    Keep up the great work!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mahdia,
    Great summarizing! In fact, I am currently reading this book too! I would recommend the book to year 7 and 8 too as it is advanced. You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have chosen a really good book, I bet this will work for the year 7 & 8's. I like it how you have retell the people what the book is about. This is a really active and good story back then in the olden days. Well done keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mahdia
    You choose a great book to read these school holidays. From this recommendation you have showed us now I want to read it.You also did a little summary about the story which made me get hooked into it.

    Well Done Mahdia!

    ReplyDelete